Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Drop, Cover, and Hold On


At 10:15 a.m. on Thursday, October 15, Georgia residents are encouraged to "drop, cover and hold on" by participating in the 2015 Great Southeast Shake Out, one of the nation's largest earthquake drills. The goal is to help households, businesses and schools across the SE learn what to do when a disaster strikes. The event is supported locally by the GEMA/HS Ready Georgia campaign. To participate, go to


Praise & Preparedness Program​​

IMG_3094.JPGIs your house of worship ready for a disaster? Praise & Preparedness offers faith communities in Georgia with a variety of tools to help them prepare for emergencies at both the congregational and individual levels. 


Contact Your Local Emergency Management Agency

Our county or municipal emergency management directory is the best source of information on local conditions and programs, along with assistance that may be available due to recent federal disaster declarations. Use the drop down to the left or choose the state map to see a clickable reference to your local emergency management agency.