Homeland Security Division
2017 Georgia Homeland Security Grant Program:
We are announcing the beginning of the FY 2017 Homeland Security Grant Program process for Georgia. Please note that the State of Georgia has not received guidance from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on the form or content of the 2017 Grant Program, nor do we know how much funding will be made available, however we have been notified by DHS that when the grant is announced there will be a very short turn-around time for the State to complete the process and submit its Investment Justifications (IJ).
There are a few changes to the application process this year, and complete instructions are in the introductory section of the application form. So that you will have time to work through the process and to allow GEMA/HS time to review the application Investment Justifications (IJ), GEMA/HS is opening the grant process for potential project funding in 2017.
IMPORTANT: Note that GEMA/HS requires that any 2017 IJ/application be accompanied by a completed Budget Worksheet that is electronically submitted along with the application. Completed IJ's and the Budget Worksheets are to be emailed to GEMA/HS at email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> by the application deadline of 11:59 p.m. March 03, 2017.
The 2017 Investment Justification/Project Description Form (IJ) and the Budget Worksheet are available for download below.
The deadline for submittal of the IJs and Budget Worksheet to GEMA/HS for possible grant funding consideration is March 03, 2017. For information or technical assistance on how to prepare the project proposal form you may contact Lee Brown at 404-635-7013, email@example.com or Ray Doyle at 404-407-7621.
Sustainment of current programs and Local Projects that align with and sustain the Statewide Priorities will be given first priority. All other projects will only be considered if funds remain after State Priority projects that meet the requirements of this program have been allocated funding. Not all projects/applicants are guaranteed to receive funding.
• Georgia Search and Rescue sustainment and equipment
• Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention equipment and activities
• Regional deployable Interoperable communications equipment (P25 compliant)- NOT new fixed systems
• CBRNE protective response and mitigation equipment (for qualified teams)
• IED/EOD Detection & Deterrence through FBI Accredited Bomb Squads and approved K9 detection teams
• Law Enforcement SRT/SWAT response to acts of terrorism (NO weapons or weapon accessories)
• HazMat/WMD response to acts of terrorism
• Georgia State Fusion Center/ Information Sharing and Analysis
• Active Shooter Preparedness & Response
• Citizen Preparedness/Citizen Corps Program (CCP)
Again, at the date of this email, the Department of Homeland Security has not yet released the FY 2017 HSGP Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). When released, the complete FY 2017 HSGP NOFO will be posted at www.gema.ga.gov and on the Federal website www.fema.gov .The funding amount Georgia will receive under the HSGP in FY 2017 is currently unknown.
Thank you for your continued partnership in the increasing the overall preparedness and capability of Georgia’s Public Safety.
* NOTE - Find additional forms on the "Grants Forms and Resources" link below.
Additional Grant Information